- Participant Priced Per Person
- Participant Ages 3 & Under
Come Meet Our Beautiful Elephants!
The Preserve provides intimate, meaningful experiences between people and animals that generate a level of caring that cannot be achieved in any other way.
This once-in-a-lifetime interactive experience allows you to fully immerse yourself with these amazing creatures. See first-hand what it takes to keep elephants fit and healthy and gain an understanding of the need for elephant conservation. We educate visitors on the struggles wild elephants face and the effect of human/elephant conflict.
The Preserve’s Elephant Experience offers you the opportunity to connect with these marvelous creatures on a spiritual level. Looking into an elephant’s eye will change how you feel about elephants forever.
During this experience, you:
- Meet our beautiful elephants.
- Learn all about Asian elephant care and conservation.
- Help give an elephant a bath and learn about her foot care.
- Have plenty of photo opportunities to remember your day!
We look forward to seeing you at The Preserve!
The Preserve is open year-round. We are still under construction and will add more animal experiences as we grow. New dates and times will be up on our website only a few months in advance. Sign up for our newsletter to get the scoop on our progress!
- The Preserve has been busy modifying our amazing Elephant Experience to comply with CDC and state guidelines for outdoor venues.
- An experience will be made up of several family groups who will maintain a 6’ distance from other groups.
- You may pet and take pictures with the elephants. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Stay at home if you feel sick, have a temperature, or are high risk. You may choose to reschedule or receive a gift card to use later.
- Face masks are required for the experience. Make sure to bring a mask for everyone in your party and practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often. Sanitizer is available throughout the experience.
- Hand sanitizer and soap are available to use before and after touching an elephant.
- Tables, restrooms, and areas of high contact are cleaned and sanitized between experiences.
- The gift shop is open following the same CDC guidelines as other retail businesses.
Friends of The Preserve was created to support the educational goals of The Preserve. Friends of The Preserve is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) and collects donations to support the animal care, educational programs, and community outreach at The Preserve. The Elephant Experience is hosted by The Preserve and currently receives no funding from the Friends of The Preserve. To learn more about The Preserve, click here.
- The Preserve is dedicated to expanding elephant education, knowledge, and conservation. These efforts have brought about numerous professional accolades and recognition.
- The innovations in care and husbandry of elephants at The Preserve have spread around the world and benefited elephants in human care and in the wild.
- The elephants at The Preserve are ambassadors, educators, cultural icons, and the darlings of their community and their many fans. Together, this elephant family is determined to move ahead with a strong purpose to inspire and connect people with this endangered species.
Do I get to touch the elephants?
- Yes! You will have several opportunities to be up close and personal with the elephants. This includes helping with an elephant bath as well as several photo opportunities.
Will you have dates posted later in the year?
- Yes! The Preserve is open year-round. We are still under construction and will be adding more animal experiences as we grow. With the weather, construction, and all there is to accomplish, we only post our schedule a few months in advance.
Can children attend the experience?
- All ages are welcome to attend. In our experience, younger children most often do not have the attention span to stay engaged for 1.5 hours and might enjoy it more when they are older. Every child is different, but we notice that about 8 to 10 years old is a good age to really learn from and appreciate the elephants.
Are there any restrictions for participants?
- There is minimal walking and no strenuous activity during the Elephant Experience. The experience is safe and enjoyable for people of all ages and abilities. Wheelchairs and walkers are welcome.
Can I come see the elephants without attending an experience?
- Sorry, but the only opportunity we currently offer to see the elephants is during an Elephant Experience.
What should I wear?
- The Elephant Experience takes place outside. We recommend checking the weather for Stonewall, TX, and dressing accordingly. Closed-toe shoes are good idea.
Can I bring my pet?
- Pets are not allowed to attend the Elephant Experience. Please leave them at home. Shaded parking is not available. Service animals are welcome in accordance with ADA requirements.
Can I watch or take photos for someone but not participate?
- No, a ticket is required for everyone who enters the gate. We are happy to help take photos. We do not have a waiting area. You may drop off and pick up participants. Looking for something to do? Fredericksburg is about 15 miles from The Preserve, with wineries along the way. The Wild Seed Farm (8 miles to the west on 290) is a nice place to pass time, with refreshments and sitting areas available. Hye Market & Deli is is 6.5 miles to the east on 290.
When should I arrive?
- The Elephant Experience starts right on time. Gates open 30 minutes prior to the experience.
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
- We realize things happen and plans have to be changed; therefore, we have created options for you. You may transfer your tickets to another available date and time shown on the website or to a gift certificate for the number of tickets purchased. Transfers requested more than 3 days prior to your scheduled reservation will be charged a $10 fee per ticket transfer. Transfers requested 3 days or less from your reservation date will be charged a $25 fee per ticket transfer. We do not offer refunds.
What happens if it rains?
- The weather in Texas is unpredictable and changes quickly. We have the experiences rain or shine. Although everything is outside, we have covered pavilions and umbrellas. Only if there are severe weather conditions at The Preserve would we cancel the experience. You would be notified through the email provided when you purchased your tickets. Should we cancel the experience, we will contact you to reschedule your reservation. Should you opt to not attend due to weather, please refer to the cancellation policy above.