DONATE TO FRIENDS OF THE PRESERVE
Your tax-deductible donation will help support the elephants and provide for their care into retirement. Their home is an oasis where they live together in a safe, serene environment and enjoy the healthy, active lifestyle that keeps them thriving. Currently the Elephant Preserve receives no government funding.
Our mission is to preserve Asian elephants by:
- Fostering awareness about current elephant issues
- Continued education campaigns directed toward elephant health and survival of the species in the wild
- Providing the best care for our elephant family
- Expanding our educational programs
We rely on supporters like you. Now is the time to help secure a future for elephants.
YOU MAY BE WONDERING…EXACTLY HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO CARE FOR AN ELEPHANT?
We want to ensure that the elephants supported by Friends of The Preserve receive world-class care. This includes facilities, food, elephant care team members, and of course, enriching extras! As our herd grows older, we are not only looking at general elephant care, but are beginning to face care that is specific to our older ladies as well. Our goal is to help our girls face old age with pride, and give them a comfortable and happy place where they can live as a family. We plan to support our elephants with continued outstanding care and a great place to call home.
Above: Check out the progress we’ve been making on the new barn! Big projects take time, but we can’t wait to get the girls moved into their new luxury home!
Having a safe, accommodating facility is a top priority for our girls. Here are some of the current projects and facility improvements we are working on:
- Elephant Barn: $350,000
- Insulation, skylights, ventilation
- Radiant floor heating
- Septic system, running water, and electricity
- 5-Acre Elephant Yard: $57,500
- Galvanized pipe post with galvanized cable cross-fencing
- Rain and Shade Shelter: $23,000
- 8-ft Privacy/Security Fence: $230,000
- Enclose 57 acres of property
- Hay Barn: $55,000
- Enclosed facility for hay and storage
- Education Center: $550,000
- Indoor facility for elephant conservation educational programs and displays
If you would like to support a specific facility project, click the button below!
Above: Watermelon is just one of the many snacks these girls get, fresh foods are a very important part of their diet!
As you can imagine, elephants have quite the appetite! One elephant can eat up to 250 lbs of food per day. We also take the time to customize our elephant’s diets to their specific needs. This includes any supplements they may need as they get older.
Elephant Feed and Supplements for 1 Elephant:
- $50 per day
- $350 per week
- $1,500 per month
- $18,250 per year
If you would like to support the care and feeding of one of our elephants, click the button below!
For a contribution or monthly commitment you become part of our elephant ambassadorship team. We will keep you up-to-date on the elephants through The Preserve’s newsletter. We are grateful for your contribution.